RAD Studio Installation & Usage Questions

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM

This is the place to ask questions about RAD Studio.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Trying to eval install version -- 

keep getting an error -
Connection Failed.
A connection to the database could not be established

pretty sure it has to do with the environment -

Windows 7 Ult 64bit

Jet and 64bit don't mix

is there a way to migrate the dataclassbuilder.mdb from access to sql????

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Thank you for reporting the error. At the moment my hard drive crashed yesterday morning so I am unable to resolve the issue.

Another problem I have is that I do not have Access any longer. I think SQL Server should be able to import the Access database.

The database is password protected, to determine the password you will need to step thru the code (not the install version) and look in the file CryptographyManager (or it might be called RAD Cryptography Manager) and determine the password for the database. I encrpyted the password when the app was going to be a commercial product. I need to remove the password, but I do not have Access at the moment.

I will update the site that Windows 7 is not compatible.

Sorry for the problems with it, I have not tested it on every environment as I used this tool myself and I mostly use SQL Server.

Corby Nichols
Jan 29, 2010 at 5:37 PM

ran thru the code, and using the crypto manager, the code decrypts to security

that fails as the password to open the database tho.............

using this section of code from the authenticaionmanager.cs

// variable for password key

string passwordKey = "/LehyAvgFeiKv9rIc4+zdQ==";

// Get the password hash

string passwordHash = RADCryptographyManager.DecryptString("e8OCUYyOluyNajoOr06UwA==", passwordKey);

Michael Florkiewicz

Coastal Security Solutions, Inc.

http://cssilive.com

mailto:michael@cssilive.com

LinkedIn profile

Office - 251-445-2591

Cell - 251-680-2098

Support Web Site Address http://support.cssilive.com

Barracuda Networks Certified Partner Seal

Certified Sales Representative: Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall

Certified Sales Representative: Barracuda Web Filter

Certified Sales Representative: Barracuda Backup Service

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 11:12 AM
To: Michael Florkiewicz
Subject: Re: RAD Studio Installation & Usage Questions [radstudio:82242]

Thank you for reporting the error. At the moment my hard drive crashed yesterday morning so I am unable to resolve the issue.

Another problem I have is that I do not have Access any longer. I think SQL Server should be able to import the Access database.

The database is password protected, to determine the password you will need to step thru the code (not the install version) and look in the file CryptographyManager (or it might be called RAD Cryptography Manager) and determine the password for the database. I encrpyted the password when the app was going to be a commercial product. I need to remove the password, but I do not have Access at the moment.

I will update the site that Windows 7 is not compatible.

Sorry for the problems with it, I have not tested it on every environment as I used this tool myself and I mostly use SQL Server.

Corby Nichols

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (radstudio@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email radstudio@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM
I am using another computer until my development box is rebuilt. Once I get Visual Studio and SQL Server installed I will import the database into a SQL Server db and should have an update ready by Monday.

Sorry for the delay.

Corby Nichols
Jun 20, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Sorry for the long delay in creating a SQL Server version of RAD Studio, but I just release a new version that uses SQL Server for its own internal data storage, and I have also migrated to Windows 7 so I know the new version works correctly with SQL Server.

If you are still interested in using the product, please download version 3.6 at http://radstudio.codeplex.com

Again sorry this took 5 months as I have had a enormous list of personal problems that stemmed from an extended unemployment, but I am finally working and I was able to migrate the code to a SQL Server version.

Thank you,

Corby Nichols